For the first time, it appears that one of our children has a crush.
It’s way too early for such a thing, but it is awfully cute.
In an effort to protect the innocent, I won’t use names. But here are the clues:
- He came downstairs after bedtime one day last week and asked you to say his crush’s name. He corrected you – you missed it barely- and then he bounded back upstairs, grin firmly planted on his face.
- He asked today if it was okay to love a friend.
- He started asking us to help him brush his hair.
- He mentioned that she gave him three stickers at school today, and she only gave him stickers (nobody else).
- He suggested getting her some kind of a treat to say thank you.
- They played tag at recess.
- He’s being very sweet and complimentary and affectionate and all ‘I love you’ with us and his siblings – like he’s come in contact with new feelings of affection for the world that he must have an outlet for at any given moment.
In a court of law, I do believe that he would be convicted of crushing. Don’t you?
Now, to make sure he doesn’t get hurt. 🙂 #HelicopterParents