I know that’s not necessarily ground-breaking. But one of his ideas is to always write down ideas. He lists this under a mental practice… to sit and think of 10 ideas for such and such (like 10 ideas for a TV show or 10 ideas for a top client, etc.). I decided it might be a good idea to think of 10 things that might make you, my sweet wife happy.
Here is what I came up with (trying to keep in mind your love language(s)–a moving target, admittedly):
- Develop a get out of debt plan and make it simple to follow.
- Put up your closet hanger for your purses and whatnot.
- Start devotions at night.
- Be more assertive in making sure we have dinner together.
- Plan for a weekend for you only–and friends. Try to clear the path for that to happen.
- Start a 10yr anniversary fund and start sending you location suggestions to brainstorm and get us excited.
- Plan 2 date nights – September and November (we got a trip to Charleston in October).
- Clean out your car every Saturday.
- Remember to say something pointedly encouraging every day (and perhaps toss in a gift once a week).
- 3 entries in WhyILoveTina each week, including making it through The Love Dare.
Of course, execution is the key.
So I better shut down my computer here at 5:50 and get home. If I had to put 11, the 11th would be make sure to leave by 5:30 every night.
I hope when you read this some day, you’ll be able to answer that I did these things.