Who says it isn’t? We both have our moments and fight over who has more of a right to be irritable on any particular day: You’ve had a rough one with the kids or maybe I’ve struggled at work for one of a bunch of reasons.
Unfortunately, we resort to using each other as punching bags because, well, we can. That’s uncool.
So, with that in mind, I worked on this dare. There wasn’t anything in particular for me to do yesterday, so I just worked on the journaling homework:
Where must I create margin?
- End of Day: I need to plan for the end of my work day much earlier. I can still do some things, but it’s a good idea for me to have everything organized and clean so that when my time to leave hits, I can stand up and get out and not be too late.
- Meals: Corollary to the last one is that I’d like to get home for meals. Our kids are at the age when we need to start the family meals.
- Screen time: I need to spend less time in front of a computer, phone, or TV. I need to be more available during my off time.
- Get to Bed: I need to hit the sack earlier so I have more energy in general.
What are wrong motivations that I need to remove?
- Selfishness: I need to do some work here. I get irritable when my time and projects are infringed on. That’s no bueno.
- Stress: I need to learn to leave it at the office. Period.
Well, even now, I left no margin at the office to finish this post. I should be at the gym right now working out so I can get home by 7:00 or so. I’ll probably still get home by then, but I won’t get much of a work out in. By the way, I keep forgetting my Y card. They are going to start looking at me askance. J
Prep for Day 7: Love Believes theBest. I’m going to have to list the things I love about you and the things that I’m not so fond of. This is another one I’m not looking forward to! I’d hate to see your list!